Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Nutritional Supplements and Herbal Remedies
SPORTSVET Animal Medical Center is pleased to offer an individualized, integrative medical approach for our patients.
We use a combination of traditional medicine as well as alternative modalities in order to provide the best path to maintaining your pet’s health and quality of life.
a drug-free approach to animal health care that deals with keeping the nervous system, housed inside the spinal column, healthy and functioning optimally.
Some conditions that can benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Neck, back, leg and tail pain
- Disc and nerve problems
- Pets involved in athletic sports, show, hunting, therapy, military and police work
is defined as the stimulation of a specific bodily point to induce a therapeutic homeostatic effect. A great number of studies indicate that stimulation of these acu-points causes the release of beta-endorphins, serotonin, and other neurotransmitters, which can lead to pain relief, immuno-regulation, improved circulation, and an anti-inflammatory effect.
Some conditions that can benefit from acupuncture include:
- Musculoskeletal problems: osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, disc disease
- Neurologic disorders: seizures and facial paralysis
- Chronic conditions: skin problems, kidney disease, liver disease and behavioral problems
- Gastrointestinal disorders: constipation, chronic vomiting and chronic diarrhea